The main feature included with this update is the implementation of our new sound engine based on the powerful and flexible FMOD library; which radically redefines the way we mix vehicle and environment sounds. This update includes new sounds for most of the AIs (including trains) and the inclusion of a true Doppler effect for passing vehicles. This also brings an array of new sound options for users accessed from the main menu, that allows you to tweak many more individual sounds to your liking.
While there is still a lot of tweaking to do and more sounds to arrive, this is only the first phase. We will continue to improve on feedback and implement changes throughout the year to come.
As a benefit from the new sound mixing approach, we are happy to bring you truck windows that you can open! You can now enjoy the continuum of sound levels between a well-insulated cabin with windows closed and the roaring traffic coming from the outside when you roll the windows all the way down. Give it a try especially when you hit the rush hour on the road or at a big junction.
Another addition that arrives with this update is our “walk-around feature.” Our game world is generally not designed for exploration on foot, but we figure that fans of trucks may welcome a new closer perspective to view their favorite machines and appreciate how impressive they look. Getting up close may also be of use when you need to tune up your rig and match the color of your rims with the cabin’s paint just right. So here we are with a little bonus feature of 1.37, an alternate way to control the camera in the game’s service and vehicle browser. We had to redesign the “garage” scene a little to make more space and way for the cameras, hopefully, you will appreciate it.
Hungry for more? Then get ready for some food tanks! And we mean literally food tanks because, with this update, a new type of trailer comes available to buy. Also, when we speak about trailers – bulk feed and hopper trailers can now be customized with multiple paint jobs (including the Classic Stripes and Halloween Paint Job packs).
Owners of the Steering Creations Pack DLC, will also find new content in the form of new steering wheels for their rig. Be sure to check them all out, as they offer a wide variety of colors and types to match any rig alike!
And last but not least, we’re excited to announce the upcoming arrival of the official support for ASUS Aura for American Truck Simulator. Products supported include ASUS keyboards, mouses, RGB mousemats and more.This brings a new level of immersion to your trucking experience with the inclusion of RGB support. You can expect to see a blog post with more details on the integration and the features that come with it in the near future.
- Food tank trailer (ownable)
- Paintjobs for bulk feed and hopper trailers (including the content of Classic Stripes Paint Jobs Pack and Halloween Paint Jobs Pack DLCs)
- FMOD implementation with all existing sounds and few improvements
- Openable windows on all trucks
- AI movement and sound behavior improved (featuring FMOD)
- Walking camera in truck or trailer configuration screen (plus new garage scene)
- Added technical inspection of vehicles on mandatory weigh stations (illegal trailer, damaged vehicle).
- Added progressive fines.
- Colour Feedback support for ASUS ROG Strix
TOBII EYE TRACKING
- Eye-tracking pause key function fixed
- Automatic eye-tracking pause while the game is paused/in UI
- Settings hotkey visibility in UI
- Ingame sounds completely reimplemented for FMOD
- Engine power range data (instead of boost value)
- Exhaust gas temp gauge animation
- AI data tweak (engine power instead of torque and gearbox, vehicle_mass override for trailers)